Thursday, May 28, 2009

WOW! How long since I touched Clay?!

Can you get any cuter than this?? Just look a those arms!

Ha!! If you don't know this blog is about pottery, that title is freakin' hilarious!

I'm sad to say that this is really the first chance that I've had to sit down and get back to my blog. Still nothing to report on the pottery front. I did manage to pick up some clay last Saturday, but it's still in the boxes. Maybe this weekend, I'll get a chance to actually get a little muddy!

I feel almost like I'm pushing my luck sitting down and giving a little report. The past week or so, Genevieve has been super colicky (sp??) at bed time. Last night she was up from 8-12:30 and it seemed nothing worked more than a couple of minutes. Needless to say, Lindsay and I were a bit tired today. Lindsay still didn't really get any sleep after I fell asleep because Genevieve kept fussing about every 15 minutes or so. I can sleep through anything, so I didn't get the pleasure of experiencing that.

I have been wondering lately how parents ever have a second child--I mean seriously--we did this to ourselves?! I knew that sleep would be hard to come by, but seriously! I do truly love her, and couldn't image not having her--just don't ask me about another one after hours of trying to get her to lay down and get to sleep. Because Lindsay and I are not rolling in the dough, it will be a while before baby number two comes along--one in childcare at a time, don't cha know?

Anyway--I've also noticed that moms want babies to stay babies forever and dad's can't wait until they grow up some. I keep thinking, just wait--she will be able to hold her head up soon! And, one day, she will be able to actually tell me what is wrong with her--and sit on the can to do her business! But, then she will just be running around getting into everything.

I am really excited about all of this though--don't think I'm not enjoying being a new parent! Holding her on my shoulder and her rocking her head over to give me a kiss (Lindsay and I are convinced that this is on purpose!) is my new favorite thing in the world. Plus--it's funny as hell hearing her burp and fart like a man! Hehe.

6 comments:

  1. Yep, welcome to the world of poo and body functions.
    Hold the baby- she will grow faster then you can imagine, just ask your parents.
    The clay will wait.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man... where do i start, first she's beautiful and the reason parents have more is that when they regain their normal sleeping pattern, they magically forget how unbelievably tired they were all the time. it seems like it will take forever for them to crawl, then walk, then say dad, then be potty trained, then work with you in the studio but right when you start to think it may never happen, it just does... overnight. good luck, you'll be able to work more and more as time goes by

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful babe! I remember anticipating every new milestone that my daughter would experience when she was a baby, now I want time to hold still. They grow faster than you can imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute she is, she looks like she is dreaming of something to say with her finger propped up like that. Hang in there smooth sailing is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave you an award! I really enjoy your blog. Check it out on my blog... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Ben! Paul and I went through the same restless nights. Addison actually slept on our chest for almost 3 months!!! It was the only way she would sleep. I could barely sit her down without her crying. The funny thing though, is that I have to go back and read my blogs for me to even remember those days. It went by so fast! In the moment it might seem as if it is going fast, but I promise you...Addison is up and running around already! You guys sound like you are doing a great job...I can't wait to meet her one day!!!

    ReplyDelete