Monday, September 28, 2009

Getting back to it

I'm finally feeling like I have enough time in the evenings to get back to work in the studio. I am totally remodeling/rearranging the studio to work better for me. It's funny how one project requires another. In order to start working in the studio, Lindsay and I had to reorganize the storage shed to accommodate a lot of my tools and general crap that had accumulated in the studio. That was a half days job in itself.

I got a new (to me) work table that is built like a million times better than the one that I made for myself. The only disadvantage to it is that it has a shelf under it that prohibits some of my storage of large tools. But anyway, the remodel is coming along nicely. I'll be making my first of many trips to Lowes tomorrow night to get shelf brackets and peg board hangers among other things I'm sure. Did I mention they just built a new Lowes pretty much in my neighborhood?? Not good!

I'll try to get some pictures up of the studio in progress--now I'm wishing I had taken some before pictures because it had gotten pretty bad. When not in use, it served as a dump area for pretty much everything we couldn't find a place for. Lindsay and I had really wanted to totally paint the studio from floor to ceiling, but it is a massive job, and I wanted to start getting back to work. I have only had a few hours in the mud since Genevieve was born--and she will be SIX months old a week from today!!! That's the longest dry spell since I started in clay my senior year of high school.

Speaking of Genevieve, she is doing awesome!! Fatherhood truly is the most amazing experience of my life, and I'm loving every minute of it! Well, not EVERY minute of it--not getting a lot of sleep is not the best. She had her first ear infection and it threw her sleep cycle all out of whack, but she's getting back to it now. She is learning new things every day and is like 90% there rolling over from back to tummy. She just learned yesterday how to blow a raspberry. I never thought I would be so excited about a baby spitting everywhere, but man is it awesome!

Well, I could sit here and ramble on for days. It's like my lack of blogging has made me want to type a novel or something. I hope that happens when I get back into throwing as well. I've got so many ideas beating around in my head now that I don't really know where to start. I'll get back here soon and hopefully get back into the grove of blogging more regularly again. Heck, I may even try to reopen my Etsy shop soon.

4 comments:

  1. Things sound great. Glad to hear it. Genevieve will be walking before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies are fun! The first year is full of wonder and excitment for you as well as her.
    Enjoy the good moments.
    Good luck with your track back to the wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. great to hear all about genevieve... my daughter's gonna be 5 in a month and it seems like i was just in your shoes a little while ago. you'll get more sleep soon. it's all fun though and still fun at 5. it will be exciting to get your hands back in the mud

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping back by! It feels good to be getting back into a routine that includes blogging (and potting!)

    ReplyDelete