Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Steel Stamps


All of the talk in the Mud Team forum on Etsy got me thinking about how special my stamps are to me. A really close friend of the family passed away about a year and a half ago. He was a really great craftsman and had an abundance of truly interesting and just old tools. A while after he passed away, his wife invited my father and me to visit his garage and see if there was anything that we wanted. One of the things that called out to me were the old pair of wooden boxes with numbers and letters imprinted all over them. When I opened them up, there were some awesome serif steel stamps that appeared to be waaay older than me. I didn't know what I would use them for initially, but it wasn't long till they made it into my pottery. I think that they work great and every time I use them, I think about Fred and how great he always was to my family. I miss you Fred.


No comments:

Post a Comment