Saturday, November 1, 2008

Look Mom! No mess!


I got to try out my new trimming box last night, and may I just say, it worked fantastically! I had a great day working in the studio, even if it was only a half day. I got some glaze mixed up, cleaned up a little, made ten mugs to completion, and threw a couple of bakers. It was my first attempt at these, and I'm pretty sure I made them too thin. I was told that they needed to be a little chunky, and mine are really not. We'll see. Tomorrow I might get some pics up of the finished pieces.
That's all for now. Here is a picture of the mug handles all lined up.

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Hope your day is filled with all the things you love to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! You are a DIY inspiration to me.

    Love the photo of the mugs too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks y'all! I did get to do all of the things I love to do! I mixed glaze, glazed pots and loaded and fired the kiln. I even threw a couple pieces for a two tier server! Perfect birthday!

    ReplyDelete