Thursday, December 10, 2009

New Pitcher among other things.



So the show this past weekend went better than expected, but it was largely due to the fact that our very good family friend Charlie stopped by and bought pretty much all of his Christmas presents from me. Other than that though, I only sold a couple of things and got one custom order. I did get approached by a gallery on Folly Beach that I will be following up with after the holidays. But overall, I won't be doing that show again next year. Not the right market.

I've been working on lots of new forms lately, and I'm liking
where they are going. I really want to get more serious about making work--really good work--and selling more as well. I'm pretty happy with much of my new work and I think that with the response from the show, particularly the glazes, it should sell well. I want to get to the point that I can have a portfolio and approach galleries with a complete body of work. Now I'm wishing I would have taken a few more formal pictures of some of the things that sold at the show.

I'm really liking the pitcher at the top of the page and can't wait to get back at making some more. I do wonder about washing. It has a very narrow neck that makes it impossible to get your hand in there. Is this something that I should worry about? Should form be more important that function in this piece? I figure you can put it in the bottom rack of the dishwasher and it'll get all cleaned in there. What do you think?

In other news, Genevieve is feeling much better now and is back to her normal happy self. Just to give you an example, here's a pic of the little one chewing on one of her favorite snacks. Look at those little monkey feet!

4 comments:

  1. if you end up making a deal with the Folly gallery, you better stop by! I think your new work looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a great pitcher form. Lovely spout & handle. And if the neck is narrow, that's what they make bottle brushes for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks sis!

    And Jerry! Never thought of the bottle brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Genevieve looks so cute. What a nice pitcher, love the handle. thank goodness for family friends. I had forgotten about bottle brushes nice tip.

    ReplyDelete