Thursday, February 26, 2009

Covered Jars


These are my new favorite things! I have always wanted to make a dropped lid (not sure if that's the correct term), but had never made the time to experiment. Trimming was always the part that befuddled me, but a while back fetishghost posted his technique on throwing and trimming lids and it made everything so clear! By the way, it worked really, really well!! I didn't throw the off the hump because I always screw stuff up when moving it. (I need one of those big flat saws like in the video--follow the link to fetishghost)


I made three this size--about 2 lbs of clay, three more out of about 1-1/4 lbs. of clay and two large ones with about 3-1/2 lbs. The first set is the only one that I've finished. I've still got to add handles and throw the lids for the others.

Well, I've run out of things to say! Till next time!

1 comment:

  1. Those jars are looking so good and your lids look perfectomento.

    ReplyDelete